CTA Plant Rooms,
Terminal 3 Airside,
London Heathrow Airport
Summary of works
- Design of method.
- Preparations of RAMS.
- Positioning of new plant and equipment and disposal of redundant plant in 10 plant rooms.
- Replace extensive pipework systems.
- Supporting the Heat Exchange systems driving the ventilation plant.
- Positions all items in correct area to be connect up at a later date.
Think Logistics Ltd.
07 July 2015
Think Logistics & Solutions were approached in 2015 by KCS Crane and Transport Services to prepare and tender for a project on Terminal 3, London Heathrow.
An enquiry was sent to KCS by Turner and Townsend (the estimating division of London Heathrow Airport) with the intention of completing a feasibility study to replace extensive pipework systems; supporting the Heat Exchange systems driving the ventilation plant on Terminal 3, London Heathrow. The team was asked to provide surveying and planning regarding the deliveries, positioning of new plant and equipment and disposal of redundant plant in 27 plant rooms.
During this process, a main contractor was appointed. (Mace Construction) and three additional mechanical & electrical installation companies were appointed to install and prime replacement systems under a contract named:
Under a joint venture arrangement, KCS Crane and Transport and Think Logistics were awarded a contract on the 7th July 2015 by Dornan Engineering to provide a tern key solution providing the following services:
- Survey To provide a team to survey all locations and routes to position various plant and equipment.
- Haulage Transport To provide Crane Lorries and arctic Lorries, Vans, Telescopic Lifting Plant and Flat-bed Transport to collect from CLC (Colnbrook Logistics Centre) or Storage Point. To lift of plant from Mace Transport and place in storage or re locate on to KCS Ridged Flat Bed Crane Lorry, transport to Terminal 3 (airside), and deliver to kerbside at designated drop points as instructed by the client.
- Storage To provide a storage facility at our Depot at London Heathrow Airport
- Plant Movement and Planning To provide a team to manage and position various plant and equipment in plant rooms to be delivered to ten plant rooms at Terminal 3, London Heathrow Airport.
- Site Planning To provide on a daily bases Planning, preparation, Management and Supervision per shift Including all Risk and Method Statements implemented to LHR cleared standard.
On the 1st October 2015, the contract was successfully completed (without incident).
During this process, two awards for Health and Safety standards were awarded to the team, commending the techniques and site planning implemented by Dornan Engineering, KCS and Think Logistics.
It is with great pleasure that the Management of KCS and Think Logistics congratulate the team in completing a project in a sensitive environment to the highest of standards.